Friday, June 26, 2009

Leather buying trip stop #3

The GPS directed me through the Cincinatti trafic flawlessly and told me I was at my destination in front of a construction site. I called Newman Leather... "You aren't really in Cincinnati like it says on your letterhead and on your web site? Oh a suburb.. different zip code and everything..hummm. Same street name though? I'll be there shortely".
Couldn't blame that on the GPS could I. Need to find a gas station real quick though. When I find one on the right, GPS tells me to turn left.
A half hr. later I pull in behind their warehouse. I haven't been in a place like this in years. Thousands of square feet of leather neatly stacked in numbered bins. Their sample swatches have the bin numbers on them...really well organized operation.
I find a nice brown and a black for handbags, load a few bundles into the van, write a check and I'm off for weaver leather.

Blog by LeatherGoodsConnection.com

2 comments:

2leather said...

Hi Henry. I too do canvas work along with custom leather.I plan to attend weaver's auction next summer. Just went to Smucker's last auction.

Webmaster said...

So nice to visit your excellent blog. You can see my website Rita’s Creation Pvt. Ltd., which is a manufacturing company of leather goods, offers leather wallets, leather purses, leather ladies hand bags, leather key case & card case, leather portfolio in Kolkata, India.